Thursday, June 22, 2006

Isn't this fun???

So far the back of the house is down to the plywood.
Water damage is what we expected and a new
discovery...framing that holds the sunroom together
and where the the family room ballons away from from
kitchen area, is separating. There are huge gaps which
is obviously causing chronic drywall cracks. They are
working their way around to the front and a big
question is what they will discover under the
stonework covering the garage area. The front outside
entrance and archway area has to be replaced. Entire
chimney is coming down. Back windows will be removed
next week, flashing installed and the alarm rewired.
The workers are nice, respectful, neat and clean up
everything. Isn't this fun?? We are not shocked by
anything! While the process is a magillah, having a
good cast of characters really eases the stress.

Rachel is driving herself to the rink. First week skating at the
crack of fog is exhausting for all the kids. I will
go later to watch and help out with a costume fitting.

Yesterday I reorganized my knitting room and have more
yarn for seven lifetimes. I am going to try really
hard to use what I have. Last night I knit up a quick bag using turquoise mohair.
Have to make the strap and then I'll felt it.

I'll pick the boys up today. Hopefully RP's
pancreatitis has calmed down and will not become a
chronic problem. Stanley is with him so that should
help.

No comments:

Post a Comment