Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Simple Pleasures






The world is in an upheaval, but what matters most to me and what keeps me grounded, joyful and content are my family and my friends, near and far. No crummy economy can take that away from me. There is no dollar value that can be assessed for my happiness and I certainly do not need a bail out! I truly have all I need.

Yesterday I spent a peaceful afternoon at the kitchen tablet with Celia and her mom. We knit:) and talked. I came home and read messages and blogs from my dear friends. Simple pleasures. Its the best feeling.

I also took a look at my knitting room yesterday, which is actually the sitting room off the master bedroom. I snapped a few pictures and then it hit me that I really have ENOUGH to keep me happily occupied for about six life times. Marvin built me the yarn cabinets. My knitting library has accumulated over twenty years of marriage. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Marvin does really well in the woodshop! Can I borrow him?!

    Lots and lots of yummy yarn, books and magazine, a good friend and some time spent together. Good times!

    ReplyDelete