Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It can't be happening

Frank went into hospice yesterday. They found more brain mets, no doubt the melanoma spreading rapidly. I can't pretend its not happening, it is. We all privately knew it would. Its too difficult to fathom. But, I have no choice. Frank will not turn the corner and come home now. I don't want him to hurt.

Back from Lake Placid. This competition in reality is definitely not a "championship event". It should be called a "Season Opener Critique," for all the teams planning to enter the qualifying events that could determine if they go to US Nationals in January. Judging is inconsistent, not all the teams compete at all the events, the new system is still in its infancy and rule changes are slapped on about 45 seconds before the teams skate. There are always emotional highs and lows and its awfully expensive to be put through this ringer. Despite it all, LP is a ritual and considered a requirement in the sport of ice dance...well I think its a sport??

Rachel went to NC for a change of scenery. Kevin is around, sort of...maybe skating, maybe going to visit his friend in MD. They both needed a break from skating and each other.

I went to Adirondack Yarns in LP. Saw Susan and marveled at how beautiful her shop is. A few of the moms and grandmoms frequented the shop during competition down time. I bought the Berrocco tank pattern that Rachel wanted.

Today Main Skein is hosting a charity knit out. I may go. It might be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment