Monday, July 17, 2006

Inventory

I just splurged a little. I need to learn how to do the photos but that means I need to learn to use the other computers. Lately, I'm too brain dead for that. The show was small, but nice. Knitting still overpowers crochet. Lots of local vendors with handspun.

Here's my list:
Habu textiles www.habutextiles.com - 1494 yards of jet black super fine merino wool. Its on a cone, like a thread. I must have been nuts. Its screaming, " I want to be lace." Very scary!

Dzined "Onesies" 1 oz of wool/hemp blend in a variegated mauve, gold, green, denim blue...just to play. Also, 300 yds of Irish Linen in a mauve. I can probably get a nice lace scarf out of it. The owner was nice. Accountant by day, mom, knitter, spinner, dyer by night.

Skaska Designs..the Russian Orenburg Shawl place. My favorite stop. 1 skein of laceweight silk/yak in a gorgeous, shimmery
gray. 1675 yds with a pattern for an Orenburg Lace Triangle by Galina A. Khmeleva. I bumped into her in the ladies room..she is incredible. I definitely want to take a future class with Galina to take the fear out of my lace knitting.

Rachel bought some Schaefer Yarn from Adirondack Yarns, the shop from Lake Placid. We'll see Susan in a
few weeks when we are there for the competition. 100% pima cotton in the Shari Lewis colorway..purple, blue,
pink,orange, golden yellow, lime green for a textured tank top. Very colorful, very Rachel.

A pattern for a Persian Lamb Jacket using heavy mohair boucle. www.knowareland.com I didn't buy the mohair,
but the pattern is a simple, top down and would make a nice, warm, flumpfy jacket at a guage of 2.5 sts/inch. I've got lots of stash for that.

Also liked www.BWBA.com Buckwheat Bridge Angoras, but did not splurge.

So, today I will stare at my stuff, wind the skeins and look through some lace books. I do that
alot...look. Maybe I should actually considering doing!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:24 AM

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

    ReplyDelete