Monday, July 26, 2004

Weekend highlight

Life has been busy! We've been gearing up for Rachel's skating competitions. Summer schedule is almost over and the crack of fog wake ups will become more civilized. Last weekend's highlight was a visit from Greta http://gretaknits.typepad.com and the Poodle Princess. Rachel has some photos posted at her blog http://rachelsknitting.blogspot.com Greta and I have know each other close to 11 years. We've raised our children together, and also when we have been apart. Our dreams and desires are much the same. Our children and our animals are wonderful and give us much joy. The children are growing up and now we are both adjusting to new phases in our lives. Sandy, the Poodle Princess is now the baby in our family, only 4 months old. Sandy and Kishka, my standard poodle, who is 9+ years old, became acquainted, and after a few hours were reasonably comfortable with one another. We relaxed, had a nice dinner, talked forever, knit, and visited Yarnings in Skippack, PA. Wonderful shop with a great inventory of beautiful yarns that can send any knitter into sensory overload. Greta and Sandy thoroughly enjoyed the shop. I purchased two skeins of Koigu in a lavendar blue colorway to complement three ocean bluish/purplish skeins to make a "Charlotte" or similar type shawl. Photos soon of this adventure. Rachel has started to wind my navy blue shetland. I'm still looking through shawl patterns and techniques before I dive into these projects. On Sunday I spent the day cleaning and organizing my knitting room. Now I can see the top of my desk and all the unfinished projects!! Today the weather is beautiful. Hope to knit on the deck later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment