Sunday, November 01, 2009

October 09 Update













Since my trip to Rhinebeck, Rachel and some of my friends and their children have been dealing with upper respiratory ick. Fortunately not swine flu, but there is plenty of that around. Several nursery schools and day care centers have been closed.

Since my last post, Celia celebrated her 1st birthday, Robert and Caitlyn are now 4 months old, both growing beautifully and young James is seriously being 2! I love them all and are so happy to be involved in their lives.

Rachel is gearing up for her Italian luncheon at school this week. She spent Halloween here and we had some good laughs. I am not fond of this holiday because I find the older children to be rude and greedy. I wonder if there is any parenting going on these days.

I'm working on my baby knitting, making slow progress on St.Brigid and also enjoyed shopping for alpaca yarn courtesy of my friend, Deb. She has 6 alpaca and had their fleece recently processed for the first time. I purchased some tri-color 3 ply, light worsted weight alpaca and some alpaca/merino/bamboo roving for a friend to spin.

Her are a few pics of knitting, new stash and Halloween. Please ignore the kitchen counters!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that picture of RP just makes me GIGGLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Rachel is feeling much better!

    We had a quiet Halloween. Greg was at a football game and I had dinner with a friend. I missed seeing the trick of treaters - I love seeing the kids dressed up.

    The pups are adorable and the fleece looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete