Monday, October 29, 2007

Almost back to normal

The people part of my life has calmed to some degree. Now, its Stanley's turn to have some minor surgery and a dental cleaning. He and I were at the vet before 7AM this morning. Hopefully his recovery will go smoothly.

I'm finally back in the mood to knit. The rainy Saturday brought us some cool, crisp, autumn weather. I visited Yarnings in Skippack, PA after seeing their advertisement for Noro Kureyon Sock yarn. Bought one skein and happily returned to my knitting room where I spent most of my weekend. I now have a spiral, ribbed tube sock started using size 2 needles. "After Bertha," is the perfect pattern for me to get back the feel of knitting with toothpicks and also a great way to see how the colors...greens, blues, blacks, pinks, and golds swirl through the sock. I promise to make its mate! While I was working on the sock, I kept staring at my yarn stash and spotted a skein of gorgeous, teal colored, baby alpaca purchased a few years ago at a TNNA show. That is now in the process of becoming a "Victorian Shoulderette" for Rachel. At some point I will learn how to use the digital camera to take photos.

I'm slowly getting familiar with using Ravelry and am tracking my new projects there. Both my yarn stash and knitting library are so extensive, that it will take a lifetime to enter everything. I may just pass on that. I'm wondering if other knitters feel that way.

Guess I'll go back to my knitting before I leave for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment